Bluegrass Nurse Aide Training Center, L.L.C.
304 Southland Drive
Lexington, Kentucky 40503
The Bluegrass Nurse Aide Training Center, LLC is licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Kentucky State Board of Proprietary Education. The program requirements and guidelines are set forth and governed by the Cabinet of Health Services, Department for Medicaid Services, Division of Long Term Care and Community Alternatives.
Owner/Administrator/Faculty: George Ann Madden, BA, RN
Program Coordinator/Faculty: Artie Norton, BSN,RN
Faculty: Angela Staiano, BSN,RN
Office Manager: Ronda Safi, SRNA
CPR Instructor: Karen Morris, SRNA
Bluegrass Nurse Aide Training Center LLC will adhere to the Kentucky Medicaid Nurse Aide Curriculum Guidelines, as published by the Kentucky Community and Technical College System 2007.
Fee Schedule (effective 8/1/2010)
The fee is $565. (Tuition is $500 and Textbooks are $65) It includes:
- Tuition for 75 hours of training/instruction (59 hours of classroom and skills lab instruction and 16 hours of supervised practical training in a long-term care facility.)
- The Kentucky Community and Technical College System 2008 Testing Procedures Manual and Study Guide
- The first day of class, the student must pay a fee of $20 by separate check or money order to Bluegrass Nurse Aide Training Center/Student Liability Account. This policy is for the students medical liability coverage for the clinical portion of the course.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age. If applicant is 16 or 17 years old, you must have a parental/guardian consent form signed.
- Must present an approved photo ID and a non-laminated Social Security Card.
- Must be in good physical and mental health. Must be able to lift, push and pull fifty pounds, and able to stand for three hours. Must be able to assist with lifting, transferring and turning residents.
- Must have a TB skin test within one year of onsite clinical date. If skin test was positive, must have a chest x-ray.
- Must pass nurse aide abuse check before class. Administrator determines acceptance.
It is mandatory that students attend all 75 hours of the training program. If a student misses a class or portion of a class they can make up the time at a rate of $10.00 per hour. A student who misses 16 hours will be dismissed from the program.
The application fee for the Nurse Aide Training Program is $100. The balance of $465.00 is due 14 days before the start of class. Payments are non-refundable.
Standards of Progress
The student shall pass all written or oral exams throughout the course with an average score of 70% to be eligible for the final examination. Upon successful completion of the 75 hour nurse aide training program, the instructor will advise the Regional Kentucky Technical School, Department for Technical Educators, of those students who are eligible to take the competency exam. After successful completion of the competency exam, the student’s name shall be placed on a state registry. All training and testing records will be maintained for 5 years and are available upon request. No credit will be granted for previous training. No college credit hours are awarded for this course. No transcript is provided. Students will be provided a certificate of completion when they successfully complete the course.
All students must conduct themselves professionally whether in the classroom, lab or clinical setting. Student will be terminated from the program if there is documented and substantial evidence of resident neglect, abuse or misappropriation of resident property. These individuals will be placed on the abuse registry maintained by the Department. There will be no re-entrance for those students dismissed for unsatisfactory conduct.
I certify that this document is true and correct.